Post-Op For Initial Periodontal Therapy
1. As your anesthesia wears off, you may have some discomfort. You may take a mild to moderate “over the counter” pain relief medication, (Motrin, Tylenol, etc.). Also, avoid eating anything until the anesthesia has completely worn off and the feeling has returned.
2. After the procedure, you may begin rinsing with warm salt water. Use a 1/2 teaspoon of salt mixed with 8 ounces (1 cup) of warm water. You may continue rinsing with this solution after meals for two to three days following the procedure.
3. The periodontal co-therapist or the treatment assistant has given you DETAILED instructions for your individual dental needs. Please use the specific dental brushes and floss as directed following your Initial Periodontal Therapy. If you have any questions regarding the use of these dental supplies, please do not hesitate to call our office.
4. The only dietary instructions are to avoid nuts, shell-type foods (such as POPCORN), or anything with small seeds.
5. If, for any reason, you feel that you are having any complications associated with the procedure, please do not hesitate to call Bel Air Office Phone Number 410-569-8567.